When the ladybirds kiss on the sunflower, that is our wedding day:

Daisypath Ticker

Saturday 17 February 2007

The Honeymoon

Since first moving back to Australia (age 12) and learning the history of a tiny South Pacific Island, the whispering calls of Norfolk Island have beckoned and teased me. It is one of those contingent places that I have stored for future visit and possible residency should I become totally reclusive and lost in my writing (Colleen McCullough lives there so don’t laugh).

Guess where we’re going for our honeymoon…..NORFOLK ISLAND. I’m over the moon and very, very excited.

Thanks to help from Paul’s uncle, John Johnston, we’ve booked our flights and it’s a happening thing. Thank you John, we are indeed grateful and forever indebted to you.

As many of you know, I am a social history buff. I love to know the full picture, everything behind the glossy presentation of anything. I drive Paul and the kids crazy with my running commentaries whenever we visit anywhere new (or old – my capacity to annoy knows no end!). Bored by just going somewhere for the sake of going somewhere, I have to read books, complete research and plan my visits. A control freak? Well…..yes….but, it’s always for a good reason.

We are currently working out if we can afford to stay in an original cottage. Norfolk Island has many accommodation options but I will not be sated if I have to stay in a relatively modern abode. I want original (with bonus hot water and blogging facilities), historical and an excuse to educate and excite Paul with every historical fact I can (literally) get my hands on.

Paul is a complete Philistine when it comes to social history. Unless it contributed toward an exam mark, he was never much interested. And so his sins have been visited upon him……….Norfolk Island, here we come.

YIPYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: