When the ladybirds kiss on the sunflower, that is our wedding day:

Daisypath Ticker

Monday 19 February 2007

FAQ’s

Are you planning on having more kids?

As much as Paul would have liked to have his own children, we will not be further contributing to an over population. Megan’s four kids and the two ex foster kids keep us busy, broke and on our toes enough thanks! Plus, Paul is 40 this year and Megan is turning 44. We’re both too old and cranky (especially Megan) for having babies.

What’s young Alexander up to nowadays?

Alexander has quite the life: certainly a much better social life than Paul and I have! We’re home schooling him and record his home school achievements (and woes) on his own blog site. Check him out at Home Schooling Aspergers.

What are you doing Megan?

I talk a lot – have a look at what and how I talk my job.

Child protection: serious business.

Because I’m home schooling Alexander, I’ve had to cut back on my work load. I’m still doing supervision of other child and family workers, am teaching one subject at Uni this semester, do the odd Protective Behaviour training and am moving more into web based work so that I can be at home with Alexander.

Imaginif (our company) is about to launch what we intend to be the largest on-line child protection conversation in the world. This will begin when we come back from our honeymoon.

Is Paul still with Kleinhardt?

No, nowadays Paul is doing consultancy work for himself. He is self-employed but does a lot of work with Kleinhardt and Cape York Financial Management Services.

Paul home schools Alexander for Maths. It’s supposed to be Friday mornings but because Paul has been doing a lot of work in, and travel to the Cape, Friday Math day is slid around to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday.

What do I wear to the wedding?

Like us, there's few rules but I think that good casual is the order of the day. Because Mungalli is in the mountains, it may be chilly and wet. There'll be plenty of time to change into old comfies before dinner and bonfire if you want to. Bring an umbrella and a picnic rug too.

Given the kids activities involve water and mud, please dress the kids in something easy to wash and bring them a spare set of clothes to change into after the activities.

Are you having formal seating? Can I nominate who I want to be at a table with?

Get out! You can sit where you want. We're having the picnic lunch prior to the ceremony because we want our guests to relax, have fun, interact with everyone and meet new friends.

What are you going to do if it rains?

I am not known as the contingency queen for no reason. Should it rain, everything will be held on the undercover verandah of the Rainforest Cafe. At the top of the falls and beside the rapids, it is still beautiful.

Why isn't Madelin coming?

Madelin has chosen not to come. I hope that she changes her mind. This is the one dampener on our wedding and I went through a period where I decided that we couldn't get married because Madelin wouldn't be there. I got past that and now I'm just sad that Madelin misses out.

Are you two signing a pre nup?

Bloody oath! We both want to protect our own debt.

No comments: